Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Sew along the Yellow Brick Road!



I've been so blessed in the people I have met in the quilting community. I was gifted the basket of goodies from Tina and the rotary cutter and blades from Caryl. I'm still taken aback at the generosity of these women. I can't remember the last time I felt so welcome. Then I meet another woman named Cheryl. She saw that I eventually want to make a quilt for each of my kids and wanted to help. I guess she was a fabric merchant and has tubs and tubs of fabric. She asked me what colors my kids liked and the style of pattern.
She has put together all the fabric needed to make both quilts. The greens and turquoise fabric is for my oldest daughter. She loves green, my least favorite color (unless it's outside where it belongs) so I will make her this, and it will blow her mind lol My youngest is very much into painting and art projects so the fabric she chose is perfect. She is sending the solids in the fabric to go with it. As if that's not enough! This Angel has actually cut them to the size pieces I need for the patterns we chose. I cannot wait til the package arrives. I'll be sure to post a pic!

 

So, I decided to start this quilting journey by doing a Block of the Month challenge put together by Pat Sloan. Her facebook group is filled with amazing and super talented Quilters and more. It is the Secret Garden Quilt. This is my attempt at Block One... It's far from perfect and I've taken a few sections apart since taking this pic and straighten the points out. The challenge is 16 blocks, so hopefully by then I will have improved considerably. 

That's it for today. Sew long 4 now! 






No comments:

Post a Comment