Monday, September 21, 2015

Pajamaramadoodle-all-da-day-long!



Another 3am reveal ;)
Quilting is a big deal right now in the sewing world. Once upon a time you went to a fabric store and purchased material you saw and touched, by the foot/yard. Today, material is sold by the Fat Quarter(Picture a square cut in 4).If you went to ebay right now and searched for 'fat quarter', you'd probably find something like this....
                                                             
 This is called a Fat Quarter Bundle. You see the 2 fabrics on top are what I used to make the above sample. I bought this by winning the bid for approx $10 shipping included.  Since I bid and won on this, I've learned a great deal about the 'game'. This wasn't that great of a deal after all, but I don't regret the purchase, I definitely didn't overpay. So, I guess that's something :)
The next week or so I'll be playing with patterns in search of 3or4 pajama options for my Christmas Line. I'll be using flannel/flannelette unless you want a custom order using other fabric types. My Jaay Bears in these 4 colors; Camel, Black, White, Brown.

SOLID PLAIN VELBOA FAUX FUR SHORT PILE FABRIC


My daughter messaged me from work all excited to tell me her boss let her have a whole stack of these boxes. The perfect size for a JaayBear wearing a Christmas toque (hat) and scarf, AND a matching hat in 'human' size ;)  Also, the next size up just in case you want to order two bears! The cost to ship these will be extremely minimal, which is majorly impressive given the outrageous shipping costs today.  
Okay, it's almost 4am Why does my brain get all creative in the middle of the night, It doesn't matter what I'm doing, blogging, writing....sewing..... *yawn.
Until next time,
         Play Nice & Be Safe!

*tuque/toque



noun  pronounced t-ew-k
~a knit winter stocking cap worn in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment